High supports Thaddeus Stevens College's mission to build skills for sustainable employment.
A Partnership in Education and Economic Empowerment
At a Glance
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology has been making a positive difference in the lives of students since 1905.
- High has provided support, services, and partnership to the College for more than 10 years.
- The college is committed to educating Pennsylvania's economically and socially disadvantaged as well as other qualified students for skilled employment.
“Stevens provides a well-rounded, two-year education that virtually guarantees a good job and the opportunity for a better life.” – Dr. William Griscom, President Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
The Best of Both Worlds: A Full College Experience with Laser Sharp Career Focus
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, located just a few blocks from downtown Lancaster, has been changing the lives of students for over 100 years. Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Stevens College offers Associate Degrees in all technical majors. The thorough and relevant education it provides sets students up to embark on fulfilling careers, or further study if they’re so inclined.
The college consists of 19 buildings located on a beautiful and historic 32.5-acre tree-lined campus. It is one of the few two-year colleges to have on-campus housing and offer a full range of intercollegiate athletics. The school also provides full scholarships to over two-thirds of its students based upon their financial need.
The college’s high rate of success can be attributed to:
- Ethnic, racial, socioeconomic, and academic diversity, reflecting society and the workplace
- State-of-the-art facilities, including a new Learning Resource Center with learning stations and full internet access
- A highly qualified and dedicated faculty and support staff, with real-world experience, genuine concern for students, and hands-on approach to education
Benjamin Smith graduated from Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology and joined High Concrete Group as a piece detailer. Read more
Students who graduate from Stevens College can find rewarding careers in High Companies businesses.
Graduates pursuing two-year degrees can find well-paying jobs at High Companies.
The High Companies: Investing in the Future of the Community
The High Companies’ relationship with the Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology spans multiple dimensions – as partners, supporters, and service-providers, High has long played an active role in the growth and success of the college.
From high-tech equipment purchases that have helped the college increase capacity to advancing vital curricula in sought-after fields including welding, carpentry, drafting, and more, High’s continuing investments reinforce the vital role Stevens College plays in building South Central Pennsylvania’s workforce.
In addition to the obvious benefit of High’s contributions, their commitment has also helped generate support from the rest of the local community.
“High sends a message to the community that Thaddeus Stevens is a good investment, worthy of support.” – Dr. William Griscom, President Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology